The Retrotope RT001-006 trial involves the study drug RT001, which may protect against lipid peroxidation, the process that is believed to cause disability in many neurodegenerative diseases, including Friedreich’s ataxia.
This study will involve five visits to a research clinic over a 12-month period. Each site visit can be done over multiple days. If you should decide to participate, you will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses.
To qualify, you must:
- Have been diagnosed with Friedreich's ataxia
- Be between 12 and 50 years old
- Be able to walk at least 25-feet within 1 minute, with or without an assistive device
- Not be actively enrolled in another clinical trial
- Not have participated in the previous RT001 trial
Please see the attached flyer for study coordinator contact email.