We are pleased to announce that 62 patients have been enrolled in the MOXIe study. Thank you to all those who have contacted coordinators about this study and are participating. The study sites need more volunteers to be enrolled to complete the next and final cohort for Part 1 of the study.
Reata and the clinical sites are preparing for the ninth cohort of 8 patients to test at a dose of 300mg of study drug at the following sites:
· University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
· Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
· University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
· Emory University, Atlanta, GA
· Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
· University of California, Los Angeles, CA
· Murdoch Children's Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
· Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Before you call or email the study coordinators, please note the following:
- You must be between ages 16-40 to participate (some sites are age 18-40)
- You must have a confirmed diagnosis of Friedreich ataxia (confirmed by formal genetic testing)
- You must be able to perform maximal exercise testing on a recumbent bicycle for at least 10 minutes
- You are only permitted to participate in one clinical drug trial at a time. If you are currently participating in a different drug study, and have questions about this rule and your options, please contact the study coordinator or study doctor in charge of the study that you are currently participating in.
**If you are reading this as a parent of an individual with Friedreich ataxia, please note that you will not be allowed to enroll your child in this study if he/she is over age 18. Instead, please forward this email and have your son/daughter contact us directly.
This will be a multi-site study. A list of sites can be found HERE.
University of Florida: Aika Konn/ Tel.: (352) 273-6003; Email: email@example.com
The Ohio State University: Louisa Mezache / Tel.: (614)-685-3030; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of South Florida: Kevin Allison, study coordinator/ Tel.: (813) 974-5909; Email: email@example.com
Emory University: Becky McMurray / Tel.: 404-712-7013; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of California Los Angeles: Aaron Fisher 310-206-8153 email@example.com
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: Lauren Seyer/Tel.: (267) 426-9738; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your help and for your ongoing support of clinical research in Friedreich ataxia.