In honor of FA Awareness month in May, FARA is proud to present: The third annual FA Research Flash Talks series - featuring Young Investigators from FARA funded laboratories around the world. This four-part series covers key aspects of FARA funded research from gene silencing and disease mechanisms to therapeutic avenues and clinical insights. Each session includes Flash Talks from four to five Young Investigators (ie, postdocs and graduate students) moderated by an FA Community member. Each Flash Talk is limited to a maximum of five minutes and a single PowerPoint slide and is suitable for a lay audience.
Session 4 covered the following topics:
- Can we slow down the GAA repeat expansion over time?
- Creating amoebas with FA to test potential treatments
- Turning skin cells into brain cells: a new disease model of FA
- Uncovering yet another function of frataxin in the cell
- NAD+, A new potential treatment for the heart in FA